SAVE THE DATE
Friends of the Library ** 2018 Annual Book Sale **
Now known as The Targ Spicer Memorial Book Sale
Saturday, September 29th, from 9am to 4pm
At Newfane’s Union Hall
More about the Friends…We welcome you to join us!
The Friends of the Moore Free Library contribute to the mission of the Library by helping to raise funds for special projects and programs to supplement the operating and capital expenses of the Library. The Friends charge no dues, and there is no “official” membership list. Anyone who helps in any way with furthering the aims of the group is considered a “Friend.” Meetings take place about eight times a year at the Library at noon.
There are many ways in which you may help in our main fundraising events:
- Book Sale: sorting and pricing books; setting up; selling; packing up at the end of the sale.
- Community Tag Sale: donating items to sell for the benefit of the library; setting up on the Common; working on the day of the event; taking down.
Other ways in which you may help:
- Cultivating and weeding flower beds
- Undertaking handyman-type chores, such as changing lightbulbs, small repairs, touch-up painting.
- Offering a presentation to the community of your special expertise.
Here are projects and other contributions that the Friends’ fundraising and volunteer efforts have made possible:
- Shelving in the fiction and Vermont rooms.
- Circulation desk.
- Track lighting and comfortable chairs in the fiction room.
- All-in-one printer/copier/scanner.
- The initial Library World software for our automation project.
- Desk chairs for the circulation area and computers.
- Book lift for carrying book donations from the first floor to the sorting rooms upstairs.
- Floor covering for the entrance hall and circulation room.
- Circulation room renovation: ceiling, lights, painting, floor covering.
- Re-design and landscaping of the north garden by the weeping cherry tree.
- New plantings in front of the Library.
- Air conditioners for sorting rooms.
- Contributions to the Librarian’s annual programs budget.
- Rental of books from “Talking About Books” for the Book Group.
COMMUNITY TAG SALE 2018
February 2017 – Castle Freeman brought a timely program of his own winter essays to the library on the afternoon of February 14th, Valentine’s Day. Thank you to Castle and to the Friends who supplied refreshments: Sigrid Blazej, Elsie Garbe, Betty Horton, Kathy Squires, and Winnie Dolan. And as always, thanks to Librarian Louise Sirois for all her help.
March 2017 – The Friends sponsored a Makerspace Workshop in which our patrons learned about 3D printing, computer scanning, virtual reality, and robotics.