At our May 2014 meeting of the Board of Trustees, we unanimously approved a 5 year strategic plan for the library.
Strategic Plan for Moore Free Library
May 2014- May 2019
MISSION STATEMENT: The mission of the Moore Free Library and Crowell Gallery is to collect, preserve, and deliver in a welcoming, convenient and responsive manner, library materials in print and electronic formats to the informational and life long learning needs of the members of the community. In addition, we seek to provide cultural and environmental enrichment through the appreciation of art and the natural world.
PERSONNEL – Continue to utilize skills and talents of professional librarian and community volunteers.
– The Board of Trustees, or their representatives, will annually review the librarian’s goals and plans for the upcoming year, and evaluate the previous year’s strengths and areas needing growth.
– The Board of Trustees will review having length of terms for its’ members and officers.
GALLERY – Re-evaluate the percentage we receive from sales
- Heighten awareness of gallery space and shows throughout the larger artist and collector community, and New England
- Continue to show high quality work in a variety of mediums
- Use gallery space for community events
- Maintain art holdings in our collection, and consider additions as they are presented
TECHNOLOGY – Enhanced technology means library utilization no longer requires patrons to be present in the library building.
-Purchase and maintain hardware and software, so that patrons of all ages will feel comfortable using computers and new technology.
-Explore and implement the publishing of a twice-monthly online newsletter to our patrons.
FACILITY AND EQUIPMENT – Review ownership and proposed plans for property given to us on West Street.
- Make pertinent decisions about land ownership and usage that will best serve the library community for the next 50 years.
- Make an annual list of priorities for the weatherization, maintenance and updating of the library building.
PROGRAMS -Explore the need for programs and workshops relating to community need and interests.
-Continue with book group for adults, and explore book clubs for youth.